Sunday 6 September 2015

Watercolour Wall Art






Making wall art can be really simple on a graphic design computer based programme, but I enjoy making wall art offline and with mixed media techniques. This DIY can be made as a wall art piece, but you could also use the tutorial to create journal pages, cards or even planner dashboards.

I started with a selection of green watercolour paints and an Aquash Brush Pen. You can make any pattern or colour combination on the paper. This forms the background of your wall art.


I love using the Sizzix magnetic platform with my Sizzix Big Shot Plus machine as it keeps the thinlits dies in place when cutting. 

Using a contrasting black card stock, I cut out the words for my wall art using the Sizzix Thinlits Friendship Words: Script and glued them onto the watercolour painting.

Then, using a sharpie pen, I added dots and dashes onto the background. What do you think?


I like to use clipboards to display wall art pieces, as you can change them easily each week or month.






No comments:

Post a Comment