Thursday 13 August 2015

Wedding bunting



 I hope you all enjoyed the Festival of Quilts - it was lovely meeting some of you for the first time and renewing acquaintance with others. I have to admit that I saw very little of the quilts because by the end of each day I was very tired, but I loved those that I did see.
So back to normal life now - and I have some friends getting married later this month - so I am making bunting for them - I love making bunting - it's so easy especially when using the Bigz Equilateral Triangle die - 660119 - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660119/sizzix-bigz-l-die-triangle-equilateral-4-3-4-h-x-5-1-2-w-unfinished and the Big Shot Plus Machine - 660020 - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660020/sizzix-big-shot-plus-machine-only-white-gray .
I used the Plus machine because I could fold spare fabric by the side of the die, and not have to cut strips from the fabric
I can cut 10 triangles from the width of 112 cm fabric, which will make 5 pennants, so you will need 14cm by width of fabric for every 5 pennants you want to make. 
Here is my selection of fabrics - I have 6 prints and plains, and a plain cream that I have cut double the amount of to make sure that I have enough pennants as I am making 12 m of bunting. I have calculated that I need 7 pennants for each metre.

Here I have stitch the pennants, R.S. together, leaving the top edge open. I have turned them R.S. out and then pressed a 6 mm seam to the inside, and stitched across. 
Here they are with the top corners stitches to string - I have quite a few more to stitch but a good film and a glass of wine this evening should see it complete.
Until next time - keep stitching
Angela 


No comments:

Post a Comment