Monday 9 March 2015

MY THIRD QUILT: PART 5










The piecing of my off-set chevron quilt top is now finished! All of the triangles were cut using the Half-Square Triangles, 4 1/2in Finished Square die.


This isn't the best possible photo as the cat was attacking it as I was trying to take a picture (can you spot that white flash of fur at the bottom of the photo?) so I quickly snapped it, unhooked the cat claws from the bottom and took it back indoors.


I have the batting, backing fabric and a few hundred safety pins ready to go and the plan is to baste it later today.


As I wildly underestimated how long it would take to piece the top (not the speed-sewist I think I am) I don't dare say that it will be finished this time next week, but that's the aim. Especially seeing as there's a plan for my fourth quilt taking shape - all cut using my Big Shot of course!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your quilt. Wish I was that good with a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete