Thursday 18 December 2014

Baubles before my eyes!


You remember last week when I said I hadn't done any shopping or writing of Christmas cards - well - I still haven't started the cards - but fortunately my husband has - and all the cards that need posting have been written! I have bought some presents - so I'm still fairly confident that I can sleep sometime between now and Christmas eve.
So this is my final offering for quick makes for Christmas - using another die designed by Tim Holtz  - Retro decorations otherwise known as Christmas Baubles  - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660036/sizzix-bigz-die-retro-ornaments
and I've used it on a place mat for the dinning table and also on a hand towel - which can either be the finishing touch to your festive decorating - or an easy small gift for an emergency -
 
 
I used the same die and method for the towel and the place mat - fusing web to the back of the cotton fabric before cutting using the die and Big Shot.
For the place mat I pinned and stitched some narrow white and silver ribbon in place -
and then positioned the baubles- fused them in place and stitched around the edges. to complete I tied 4 small bows with the ribbon and stitched in place at the top of each bauble.
For the towel I only used the 3 oval baubles and placed them along the non looped border, fusing and stitching them in place, and then added a small bow to the top of each one.
So that is my last pre Christmas make for this blog - I hope you like these simple ideas.
Now I have to layer up and quilt a lap quilt for a friend and them make 3 dressing gowns for my grand-daughters - the kettle is on!
I hope you all have a lovely Christmas, and manage to relax and enjoy this very special day.
Angela
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment