Monday 1 September 2014

Butterflies card








I am really excited to be sharing my first project with my new collection of dies for Sizzix, Everyday Memories! It is my fourth release for Sizzix and I can not be happier about them.

Today I am sharing a card that I made using two sets of dies, Thinlits™ Die Set 8PK - Butterflies, Intricate 659971, and Thinlits™ Die Set 6PK - Butterfly Cards 659972.

As you may know I love butterflies, so I was really adament that this collection should fature a set of intricate single butterflies and one that cut an aperture with them on. the idea then came to make an optional outer frame that was 3 x 4" (perfect for pocket scrap booking).



You can die cut every element on their own or together to create different effects. Mixing and matching! I use low tack tape to secure dies in their place when I cant find my magnetic mat under layers of paper.



You can cut two (the inner aperture and the outer at the same time to create the effect on the right.



Other versions. As you can cut the the butterflies with the very thin edge, though it is very thin, or you can use it as a plain mat and layering. By cutting the outer postage stamp rectangle on its own, it creates a perfect under layer.



One of things I love to do is that elements of the collection mix and match perfectly, so of course the butterfly cards and the intricate ones match. this means that if you die cut the butterfly solid dies out of a contrasting paper and place them under it is a lovely detail.

PLEASE note that the layering of the dies on the left photo is just to showcase how the dies match, DO NOT die cut them through the machine overlapping as it will damage the dies!



I attached them with foam pads that come in a thin straight line, perfect for this project.


Finally I added it to the card, tilted over the edge. I stamp the message on a little Sentiment tag from the Sizzix Framelits Die Set 12PK - Tags, Sentiments 658612.


I hope you like the new collection!

Paula

8 comments:

  1. This would be better as a video. Your paper choices and description are not very clear and bit confusing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheik, I think it's important to note that she's using the butterfly thinlits individually, just as a background under the intricate die she has where all the butterflies connect. Please no one try to layer your dies and then run them through the big shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are completely right! Dont layer the dies, the foto is just illustrative on how they match to the card die, though I understand how some people could interpret as layering them in the machine, which is a big NO NO.

      Delete
  3. Please show us how you did it in a video. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheik and Marking: I, too, was so confused about this picture tutorial, even after reading it several times.....soooo, I clicked on each of these links separately (Thinlits™ Die Set 8PK - Butterflies Intricate 659971, and 2- Thinlits™ Die Set 6PK - Butterfly Cards 659972.), and now it makes total sense as to what she is talking about! She is using 2 separate sets of dies and combining them in the photos! Hope this helps yous to understand, like it did for me! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea and I think your pictures enhanced your directions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are your dies? I think they are damage? please, tell me, is safe to cut with one over and anther?

    ReplyDelete