Saturday 26 July 2014

Scrappy Crossroads sew along by Lori Holt


Hi again ! Today I  want to share a new project that I´m working on and it´s sure you have heard lately. First I will tell you I was wishing to get my package with all these nice fabrics with a vintage  and  childhood touch. I spent time chosing them so it was a pleasure when I could   see them in my hands.
They are  from the collections : Toy Box, 1930´s Classics, Pam Kitty Picnic, Aunt Grace Miniatures, Old New Fabric Collection 30', Everything but the kitchen sink X, Storybook Playtime, Vintage Happy....... So with these beauties I  took my  Big Shot and started to cut .....







My plans were different at the begining but then I found the sew along Scrappy Crossroads  by Lori Holt  ( Bee in my bonnet )  for this summer .If you are a vintage girl and love patchwork, you know her , sure. That is my case, I love Lori Holt work and like instagramer  I went to there I learnt about her scrappy crossroads  tutorial soooo easy and perfect for my loved fabrics.











It looks like the block is being done for lot of quilters and you can find vartiations because the fabric combination.
So I took my Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Squares, 2" Finished (2 1/2" Unfinished  just the size that the tuto calls,  and  cut a bunch of them. You will need too  4.5" squares , mine are white.








I spent some time playing with my squares on a mini design board ( you can find Lori ´s tutorial in her blog if you like )  and sew quickly.







Here it is my first block finished. I plan doing three more and complete a quilt.
I´m in love with this scrappy block and my die that let me to save time. 
Go to Instagram and then  to  " beelori1" if you want to try too. 







Thanks so much to Lori Holt for this tutorial and  much of them you can find in her blog. 


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Love
Mercedes


...........................................*************............................................


Hola de nuevo, Hoy quiero compartir con vosotros un nuevo proyccto que tengo en curso y que seguro habéis oído hablar de él.
Pero primero os contaré que estaba deseando recibir mi paquete con nuevas telas con un aire vintage e infantile.La verdad es que estuve un montón de tiempo eligiendo las que quería y ahora que las tengo ha merecido la pena.
Son de las siguientes colecciones si te interesa: Toy Box, 1930´s Classics, Pam Kitty Picnic, Aunt Grace Miniatures, Old New Fabric Collection 30', Everything but the kitchen sink X, Storybook Playtime, Vintage Happy.

En un principio los planes eran otros pero entonces encontré este bloque en el blog de 
Lori Holt  ( Bee in my bonnet ) que está haciendo para este verano. Si eres una chica con estilo vintage y te gusta el patchwork , entonces  la conoces seguro. A mí me encanta el trabajo que hace y como instagramer fui a su cuenta y ver cómo era el tutorial, facilísimo y perfecto para las telas que había recibido.

Al parecer el bloque está siendo hecho por un montón de quilters y puedes encontrar variaciones en función de las telas escogidas.
Así que cogí mi troquel  
Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Squares, 2" Finished (2 1/2" Unfinished  ,justo el tamaño requerido de cuadrados y corté un montón. También necesitarás cuadrados de 4.5” , en mi caso en tela blanca.

Estuve un rato probando mis cuadrados en mi tablero de diseño ( puedes encontrar el tutorial en el blog de Lori ) y lo cosí rápidamente.

En la última foto podéis verlo acabado. Haré tres más para completar una colcha. Me encanta este bloque y mi troquel que me permite ahorrar  bastante tiempo.
Ve a Instagram y allí a la cuenta de “ beelori1” si quieres intentarlo.
Muchas gracias a Lori Holt por este tutorial y tantos otros que ofrecen en su blog.


Que tengas un maravilloso fin de semana
Cariños 
Mercedes

No comments:

Post a Comment