Saturday 5 July 2014

Plastic pattern for hexagons



Today I come back to hexagons using the  Sizzix dies but with a trick for making nice hexagons with a  drawing centered. 
I´m designing a blue quilt in a traditional style  with these pieces , yo- yos   that I told you some weeks ago and something more that I will tell you later.  So  I wanted some of my hexagons had a nice  finished design.



Supplies:



657900


659984


Fabric with a nice pattern for hexagons



The only thing I had to do it was to cut out the plastic with the hexagon die ( depends of the size you need for it you can change the die  ) with the Big Shot Machine, selected  the pattern  I liked for my hexagon and drew a line around of  the plastic hexagon. You can recicle the plastic from the boxes dies as I did.  Next , cut out with scissors..........















...... you can make beautiful hexagons deppending of what you chosen. These are mine, really nice , aren´t they ?








I know this is a slower method for cutting the fabric but I think it ´s great if your quilt needs these kind of hexagons with a draw in the middle.
I hope you enjoy this idea and have  good summer holidays!!


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Love
Mercedes


...........................................*************............................................


Hoy  vuelvo de nuevo a los hexágonos usando los troqueles de Sizzix pero con un truco para conseguir que tengan un bonito diseño con estampados centrados.

Estoy diseñando un quilt  en azules al estilo tradicional  utilizando estos hexágonos,  los yo – yos que te conté hace unas semanas y alguna cosa más que verás más adelante.



Materiales:

657900

659984


Telas con un bonito estampado para centrar en los hexágonos.




La única cosa que tuve que hacer fue cortar las formas geométricas   en plástico  que puedes adquirir en planchas en la papelería o reciclando la funda en la que vienen los troqueles , como fue mi caso.
Una vez cortado el hexágono  con la máquina Big Shot , seleccioné el dibujo  , dibujé una línea alrededor y corté con las tijeras.
De esta manera puedes hacer preciosos hexágonos según el diseño elegido. Los míos creo que  han quedado estupendos ¿ verdad ?
Sé que esta es una manera más lenta de cortar la tela pero genial si tu quilt necesita este tipo de montaje con el dibujo centrado.
Espero que te haya gustado la idea y que estés disfrutando de tus vacaciones estivales. 



Que tengas un maravilloso fin de semana
Cariños 
Mercedes


No comments:

Post a Comment