Thursday 24 July 2014

Pin cushions and tablerunners!


 Are you enjoying the summer sun? I'm  hoping that it will be sunny tomorrow morning so that I can have breakfast on the patio - I'll pretend I'm on holiday and that the Festival of Quilts is still weeks away!
I'm working in the office today - and have a fan blowing straight on me - it's the only way not to melt.
I am making progress with the preparations for the show - this week the pin cushions are all completed - and one of the patchwork table runners is ready to be quilted - I've used the tessellating pinwheel for the table runner -http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/658661/sizzix-bigz-die-tessellating-pinwheel-4-1-2-assembled , and the pin cushions were in last weeks blog.
 
 
 

the next task is to make 2 more patchwork table runners -
As you can see the pieces are already cut a nd ready to sew - the dies I've used for these are - Equilateral triangle -http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/658663/sizzix-bigz-l-die-triangle-equilateral-4-3-4-h-x-5-1-2-w-unfinished and the Half Hexagon - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/658880/sizzix-bigz-die-5-half-hex.
 
Without the Big Shot and the Bigz Dies I wouldn't even contemplate trying to get so much done in just under 2 weeks - because I haven't mentioned the applique table runners still to be made.
I know I've mentioned counting down to an event by the number of sleeps - well in this case I feel it might be a case of how many sleepless nights are left!!!
Well I'm going to switch from the computer to the sewing machine and see how much I can accomplish this afternoon.
I hope you can keep cool and enjoy the summer.
Angela
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment