Thursday 17 April 2014

Spring hexagons



Hello again.
I love this time of year - with light mornings and evenings I get to drive to work in the light and enjoy a beautiful drive along the A49 ( I know it's a bit slow and frustrating with lots of lorries and few places to overtake) which runs through some lovely countryside - I must admit that sometimes I'm tempted to take a detour to explore some of the countryside - but that will have to wait for a non work day!
At the moment it seems as thought Spring is here and so I've looked out a project I started a while ago - but the colours are just perfect for this time of year - so I going to attempt to complete it in the next few weeks -

I've used the Big Shot and the Bigz 1 1/4"Hexagon die http://www.sizzix.co.uk/catalog#q=659834 to cut the hexagons.
I ironed fusible web onto the back of the fabrics before cutting out - so that I could then fuse them onto a backing fabric and applique in place - thus saving time.

I'm not quite sure how this will develop at the moment - but I'm thinking of a table centre - so watch this space and see what develops.
Enjoy the Easter weekend - if you're travelling I hope you don't get stuck in traffic - but, if you're not the driver, you could take some hexagons to hand piece just in case!!
I've planned a breakfast party for some friends on Easter Monday - it means getting up at a ridiculous hour to bake bread rolls - but the smell is almost worth it and the taste of the breads with home made jams and lemon curd certainly are. Pictures next week!
Angela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment