Wednesday 2 April 2014

Minna's First Blog



Hello! My name is Minna Paajanen. I live in Äänekoski, central of Finland together with my husband and our seven children and two dogs. Since I was a little girl I have done everything with my hands; knitting, sewing, crocheting etc. But in the end of 2008 I found paper crafting by my friend and I started with 3D cards and now I`m on this road. I love vintage and shabby style but also like to make cards and layouts using different techniques although I have still so much to learn.

Here is my first project for the Sizzix. I wanted to make a birthday card using Sizzix Bigz Dies - Tattered Florals and Tattered Leaves.

Items used:

Papers: Pion Design - Shoreline Treasures, watercoloring paper
Inks: Distress Ink pads Victorian Velvet, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive and Walnut Stain
Other: gesso, structure paste, sisal, stencil

How to do:
Cut the patterned paper to size you like (mine is 15 cm × 15 cm), apply gesso on to the paper and allow it to dry. Then choose one stencil  and make the pattern by applying structure paste or gesso. Let it dry again.
While it dries cut the flowers and leaves out of white watercolour paper and ink them using Distress Ink pads and shape them using flowers making tools.
When the patterned paper is dried add some colour using Distress Ink pads. Now you can place your flower and leaves and add some embellishments like pieces of papers.





Hei,
Tässä ensimmäinen projektini  Sizzixin blogiin, kukkakortti, jossa käytin  Sizzix Bigz stansseja Tattered Florals ja Tattered Leaves.
Tarvikkeet:

Paperit: Pion Design – Shoreline Treasures, valkoinen vesiväripaperi
Musteet: Distress Ink tyynyt -  Victorian Velvet, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive and Walnut Stain
Muut: gesso, struktuuripasta, sabluuna, sisalia

Kuinka teet tämän kortin:
Leikkaa kuvio paperi sopivan kokoiseksi (tama kortti on kokoa 15 cm ×15 cm). Levitä gessoa paperille ja anna kuivua.  Sitten valitse jokin sabluuna ja levitä struktuuripastaa tai gessoa paperin pintaan ja anna kuivua. Tällä välin leikkaa kukat ja lehdet vesiväripaperista käyttämällä Big Shot - laitetta ja värjää kukat ja lehdet ja muotoile ne kukkientekotyövälineillä. Kun kuviopaperi on kuivunut, lisää vähän väriä Distress Ink mustetyynyillä  ja kiinnitä kukka, lehdet ja koristeet esim. paperisuikaleita . 

1 comment: