Monday 21 April 2014

mason jar pincushion






Hi! Happy Easter!I hope you had a lovely relaxing weekend, and the Easter Bunny brought you lots of treats.

I wanted to show you a nice and quick little hand sewing project that is perfect for using up those tiny tiny scraps of precious fabrics that you can't bear to throw away. If you have a look online (just google mason jar pincushion) you can find loads of different mason jar pincushion tutorials, and this is just the same except I pieced together some hexagons to make the fabric for the pincushion.



Use the 3/4" hexagon die to cut hexagon papers, and the 1" hexagon die to cut the fabrics (my hexagons are actually 1/2" - I had a little pack of pre-cut papers, so I cut the fabrics with my 3/4" die, but using the slightly bigger papers will just speed things up a bit. I'm sorting through my precious scraps at the minute to make some kits to take to a retreat I'm going to as gifts).






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this idea, it has come to me at just the right moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I need to be finding these cute jars....what a fun project for the littlest scraps we can stand to give up!

    ReplyDelete