Monday 7 April 2014

A big photo magnet with die cut flowers


I love boxes, tins and anything in between. I can't bare to throw away anything, just in case I find a function or a project for it.


So, it came to no surprise when I could not bare to throw away this canister with metallic top and bottom. It was actually the lid that first capture my imagination to create a big photo magnet. I used the Circle and Circles #2 Framelits dies through out the project to cut the circles.


The great thing about combining both framelits sets is that you can create really thin frames, like I needed to for the edge of the metal lid. I selected the right two sizes and die cut first the smallest one.


Then, I placed the larger one on to the die cut paper. Usually you can die cut both at the same time, but this two dies are so close in size that it would be impossible to do so. I secured the Framelit die with a few pieces of low tack tape. As you can see it is a really thin circle frame.


For the centre, I decided on using this photo of my husband and I at one of our favourite places in Mallorca - where I grew up. Another joy of the framelits is that you can see exactly where you die cut, no cut faces anymore! To create a small metallic frame around, I used the larger circle die cut from the Circle Wrappers die set, which contains two different sized circle dies not included in the other two.


Finally I added some flowers that I die cut using the Intricate Flowers and the Bunch of Flowers framelits sets. Finally I added a strong magnet to the back, covered it with strong tape and secure it with a piece of round paper. 


And here it it is finished, used to hold one of my nieces drawings.

Come back next week to see what I did with the other part of the box.

3 comments: