Sunday 2 March 2014

March Card by Gerry van Gent


Hello Sizzix Friends!
Can you believe it? It`s already March.
And that means that Spring is just around the corner.
To Welcome the month of March I created a card for you
where I am using the new Jumbo Tatttered Florals die.

March Card_Fotor
657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
659441 Sizzix Bigz XL Die Jumbo Tatttered Florals
658720 Sizzix Bigz Die Ornate Frame
659436 Sizzix Bigz Die Garden Greens
657716 Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Frame & Succulent Set
658252 Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die Cobblestones
656938 Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die Tag & Bookplates

*     *     *

To make the flowers I used white soft packaging material.
I die cut two sizes of the tattered flowers - 
for each flower I die cut a few of the flowers.
I also used 4 different colours paint (sprays!).
Once the flowers were dry I used a heat tool to wrinkle the petals.
N.B. It takes only a second to heat in the middle so the petals will pop up.
March Card_flowers 1_Fotor

This is how they looked like before I added the brads in the centres.
March Card_flowers_Fotor

MC 2_Fotor

MC 1_Fotor

The leaves were die cut from the Garden Greens.
I die cut them from corrugated cardboard and pattern paper.
The die-cut leaves from pattern paper were also embossed and
then adhered on top of the corrugated cardboard ones.
MC3_Fotor

OTHER PRODUCTS I USED:
Maja Design "Vintage Spring" Paper Collection
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays
Brads (unknown)

*     *     *

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Love those flowers......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the airy look of the flowers. Is there some kind of brand name or a search term I can use to find the "packing material"? I only have the regular tattered flowers die but it should work.

    ReplyDelete