Friday 14 February 2014

Whites, watercolors, ferns - freestyle journal page with Sizzix



Hi again, I hope you had a great creative week! 
It is good to create something more "airy", lighter- from time to time. For me it is important to play with white spaces and more flat  structures - especially after a weekend full of grungy, dimensional projects I teach during my classes. This page below is a great example of such "mind-cleaning": white background was painted wuth Distress Inks, Watercolor Pencils and Pencil and the main elements of composition are ferns - cut outs from one of my favorite dies in last days - Garden Greens Bigz Die by Tim Holtz.


To show more beautiful details of the floral shape I lined it a bit with very soft pencil. It looks fresh and artsy - I'm really happy about this look! I also repeated the shapes of "petals" of the intricate flower die and added a bit of dots and free-hand journaling.



Here are the Sizzix dies I used for this layout:
- 659117 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Springtime
- 659436 - Sizzix Bigz Die-Garden Greens

I hope you will all have a great weekend - I surely will! This year I'm attending CraftHobby and Stitches Show in Birmingham for the very first time - and I'm super excited about it :)
I hope to meet you there:)
hugs
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment