Wednesday 26 February 2014

My Heart will go on....




A couple of weeks ago I said that I would feature some more ideas using basic shapes in a funky, creative way. I stumbled across a sight called mykidcraft.com (great site for kids craft ideas, big kids too!) which featured a great way of using heart shapes to create a wonderful lion so I played around with the idea until I came up with this weeks blog.

It seems like a good time to use all those heart dies left over from the Valentines frenzy so I dug out my favourite, and ever popular Framelits die set set namely Hearts 657561 and got to work.

For the Lion I started by die cutting all the separate hearts, before cutting little nicks in the edges at strategic points. Next I assembled the face before attaching to the mane using 3D foam pads, the eyes are black adhesive pearl gems, how easy is that?






I attached the assembled lion to a square card measuring 13 x 13cm  withe the legend 'You're Grrrrrrreat' printed on the base using my PC ( the font is called 'no color' and you can download it for free at dafont.com)





I couldn't stop at one (I'm up to 6 so far!) so here's another animal using the same Hearts die set. This time a bunny rabbit.

I die cut all the parts to make the head and cut two of the hearts down the centre to form the ears.




Next, I attached the nose and teeth with 3D foam pads before attaching the ears. the eyes are black pearl gems.




I die cut all the parts of the body and cut all but the small white heart in half using a craft knife. Next I started to assemble the body using 3D foam pads to add depth.




Finally, to make the carrot, I used half an orange heart with some trimmed green card attached to the top before attaching to the body together with the paws.




I assembled the bunny on the front of a 15 x 15cm base card onto which is printed the legend '24 Carat Birthday Wishes'.



I hope you like these ideas as I have more to share next week?










No comments:

Post a Comment