Saturday 22 February 2014

A fabric card using the Big Shot Starter Kit


Last weekend was a busy one as Stitches, the UK Craft Trade show, took place in Birmingham. I had a blast as usual and I must say that the Sizzix stand was the most impressive one. Pete, Debi and Angela did an outstanding job with all the areas and samples, as well as the rest of the marketing team who made it all come together.

On thursday I attended a "Love your Sewing Machine" workshop because I really needed to get to grips with my sewing machine. It inspired to use it more, including with some paper projects. I got also some small fabric bundles, perfect for die cutting using the Bigz die that comes in the Starter Kit.


I die cut the circles using the large and small circle dies on the Bigz die. I then layered them on white card and sew them on the machine making inverted L shapes.


To create a frame on the card I created a template using the framelits from Rectangles 2 and some heavyweight card. Then I placed it on the card centred and with a 0.3 pen I traced round. 


I did a dot in each corner. Then I die cut a black circle using the larger Framelit from the Starter Kit. Then I layered on top one of the Craftwork Cards Messages In circles. Finally I added a circle of self adhesive rhinestones.


I just love the texture of the fabric mixed with the card and the rhinestones. I hope you like it too!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, I now know what to do with all those little pieces of material that I have left over from my quilting!! x

    ReplyDelete