Friday 13 December 2013

Winter Steampunk Workshop - cute cottage transformed!


Hi, it's my turn again to share my projects and ideas inspired by wonderful Sizzix products!
Take a cup of tea or coffee, have a sit and enjoy!
I'm not a great fan of celebrating Christmas long before it's actual date - maybe I'm old fashioned, maybe it is a difference in traditions but I don't let Christmas madness get into my house until very last week before :) I really enjoy creating winter inspired projects though - I simply believe they are more versatile and will be suitable both for Christmas and  just simply as seasonal decorations.


When I saw this Country Cottage die by Brenda Walton (658743 - Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Country Cottage, 3-D)  I simply knew what to do - it was a quick and simple decision and even if I'm not a great fan of gluing I was ready for a challenge:) I even mentioned to my other blogging friends it would be so cool to create different interpretations of the same house - in different colours and styles!

Here is my interpretation - Winter Steampunk Workshop... do i have to add, I had great time creating this project? I just wish it was slightly bigger ;)




Assembling the house wasn't  complicated - it took me a moment to choose the best adhesive, but later everything went smooth.
I'm happy I could find right add-ons to the project: my Prima Mechanicals (leaves, roman numerals and flower) and some older crystal vines. There are also some beads, pearls cogs and alarm clock parts from my collection. (Once again I'm so grateful to my sweet students who support my hoarding habit and share their collections with me!)




Papers I used are from 7 Dots Studio - 9th Wave Collection, glued on thick kraft paper and inked after die-cutting with selected colours of Distress Inks (Ranger). The snow effect is created with Light Modeling Paste and Liquid Pearls (Ranger).

If you want to learn more about Brenda Walton Cottage and other dies from this collection - you will find a video here:) 

Enjoy - and I wish you a wonderful time creating decorations and gifts for your family and friends. See you soon!
Finn

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. I was wondering does the roof front flap open? I was wanting to know if you can put stuff inside it?

    ReplyDelete