Monday 9 December 2013

playing with scraps



I've been tidying up my sewing room, or at least I made a start on tidying and then got somewhat distracted by some scraps of soho solids by timeless treasures. I was supposed to be tidying away a lot of my big shot dies that were all sat in a pile too, and before I knew what was happening I'd cut the scraps into hexagons using the 1.25" hexagon die and had english paper pieced a few diamond flowers.

At least my lack of tidying produced something pretty, even though I'm still surrounded by piles of mess and my dies still aren't put away properly! I love the colours in this, it's making me think about starting a quilt in just solids. Which will probably mean my sewing room stays messy for a lot longer!!!


Untitled

If you fancy getting distracted from jobs you should be doing, take a look at the new quilting and applique page on our website. There are loads of downloadable project ideas and tips for you. It's definitely worth a visit, just make sure you have a cuppa with you because you might be there for some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment