Friday 29 November 2013

Altering with Sizzix Sizzlits - Brenda Walton - Winter Collection


Hi, how are you doing? Are you ready for some of new Winter-Christmas inspirations?
I hope so!
In the last days I was working on an altered project for my home. Some time ago I bought a nice doe figure on one of after Christmas sales somewhere in Warsaw. I loved the shape - but I hated the colour! It was sparkly silver, far too shiny for me... 
This year I decided it is high time to change my doe into nice looking home decor matching my living room or dining room - what can be easier? Especially if you have some paint and beautiful designs of dies to choose from?



First I painted my doe with acrylic paints - and I used the same paints to paint white cardstock which I intended to use for my cut-outs too! When it was dry I could start the transformation!
I used 2 dies do get a bunch of nice elements for my composition:
- 658731 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Holiday Greenery
- 658735 - Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Winter Florals

I cut out the flowers, leaves and piecesof decorative strip which together with Prima roses and Mechanicals helped me to create a composition on my doe.




After gluing all the elements on the figure I sprayed the floral compostion with a bit of delicate, shimmering mist to get perfectly matching colours. I dried it all with my heating tool and added my final touches - a bit of Liquid Pearls dots on the flowers, leaves and doe's tale, some pearl pins, crystals and a metal tag on the chain.
My project was ready for display!

I hope you like my idea - Sizzix cut outs are just great for creating dimensional compositions!
Sending love

Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment