Monday 2 September 2013

slowly progressing




If you follow me on my personal blog then you may be aware that I've been spending most of the past week and a bit visiting my husband in hospital (you can read more about what's up with him on this post).
Certain things happen when you are in and out of the hospital visiting a loved one - you don't eat properly, your pets are also fed at peculiar times, you don't sleep very well and you think to yourself 'oh, I can do loads of hand sewing' and you pick up a little bag (which you fortunately already have organised and carry around with you most of the time anyway).

In reality I have sat like a zombie and haven't managed to do very much sewing at all. Actually, I only managed to sew together the outer rings of these hexagon flowers, I still have to sew them to the flowers (I have finished one, and started a second). Not very impressive at all!

hospital sewing

These hexagons have been cut using the 1" hexagon die for the papers and the 1 1/4" hexagon die for the fabrics. They look lovely and tidy from the back, which makes me a happy bunny.

Tidy seams

Hopefully I'll be able to get some more of this done now I'm spending less energy on worrying as my husband's surgery has gone well and he's starting to feel much better.

2 comments:

  1. the more I see your blogs re sizzex the more I think maybe I will have to have one!! Then I ponder but what dies should I have life is so complicated but your blogs are a help even if I am now in a quandry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, my advice would be to choose just a couple of dies to start with. I did a post a few weeks ago on which dies were my top picks, but in all honesty it's a personal choice. I do love the squares and the strips and find them incredibly useful (it's easy enough to cut these with a rotary cutter and ruler, but sitting in front of the TV cutting scraps into squares is so satisfying and so fast!). Katy

      Delete