Monday 30 September 2013

more Christmas gift ideas



I've got another Christmas gift idea for you this week in the form of a really simple and fast jelly roll quilt.
Fat Quarter Shop have a new (and completely free) downloadable pattern that uses jelly rolls. Just 18 2.5" x width of fabric strips will give you a perfectly sized baby or small lap quilt (36" finished).
You can use the 2.5" strip die to cut your own strips instead of using a jelly roll, and make use of fabrics you already have in your stash. The strip die is one of my all time favourites, I use it to make binding, to cut sashing strips and also to make strippy quilts. Although it is one of the more expensive dies I've had my money's worth 100 times over with this die, and wouldn't be without it.

jelly roll jam

I made my quilt top in just a couple of hours, it's a lovely simple pattern - perfect for beginners as well as being something fast and easy for more experienced quilters.

Download the free Jelly Roll Jam pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop website and start cutting strips (there's a video tutorial too for those that prefer visual learning). A quilt is such a great gift, and the beauty of this pattern is that you can make it as scrappy as you like.




No comments:

Post a Comment