Friday 5 July 2013

Vintage style wedding card


Hi, It's great to see you here again! :)
Summer is traditionally a wedding season, so it is not a surprise I'm attending a wedding this weekend. Of course - this special day needs a special card.. I'm not a fan of clean, elegant ones, so I've made my version of more grungy-shabby card for my cousin and his wife-to-be:) I hope thy will like it!



As you can see there are many layers, but not so much mixed media work this time! I decided to try a bit more "shabby" look - almost no spray, but a lot of fabric, paper, thread... feminine, but not too girly. Vintage, but not too elegant.
The whole project is based on 3 layers of paper - as a base, some canvas and lace strips on the top of them - and finally - dimensional composition in the middle, build with 3 Sizzix cut-outs supported with vintage trinkets, pearl swirls, thread and paper flower.



For this project I used Sizzix dies listed below:
- 658604 - Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles #2
- 659109 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - For the Record 2, Documented 

All the papers and canvas are new, coming releases of my products with Prima Marketing -  Vintage Vanity and Elementals. Metal embellishments are from my last collection - Mechanicals. The project was finished using a bit of Ranger Distress Ink and Liquid Pearls. For sticking the elements and dimension I used products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: 3D Foam Squares and Crafty Power Tape.

Thank you for stopping by! Seed you soon!
Finn

1 comment: