Monday 8 July 2013

too many ideas, never enough time!



A week or so ago I was sent the new quilting dies but I've not allowed myself to play with them until I have my Christmas quilt project that I started last week and this little hexagon mini project done, dusted and in the post to their respective new homes.

Untitled


One of the new dies is this chevron, which makes fantastic zig zag quilts (it's code number 658664)


You can check out Linda from Sizzix doing a video tutorial on how to construct the zig zag quilt really easily in columns rather than rows, avoiding any tricky Y seams. My head is swimming with the possibilities for this die - I really hope I can get some fabrics cut this week and have a little play around with it to show you next week, we'll have to see how my week pans out and if I manage to get my to-do list organised first though. Maybe I can squeeze in a little cushion or something? Maybe if I just cut the shapes out I can play around with it in between other things?

I have to go - I've got things to finish so I can play! Have a great week - I hope you get to play with some fun stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment