Saturday 29 June 2013

Floating banner card


Hello!

I am back with a floating card, one of my favourites effects using acetate for that effect.

For this card you will need:
657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only
658293 Sizzix Framelits Die Set 2PK w/Stamps - Labels, Flourish
658297 Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Banner & Flowers Set
658607 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 13PK - Flowers, Intricate


The above embossing folders match the die set, also is worth notting the Lovely flowers match the embossing folder that come with the Banner folder.


You can see here, on the left, how it works. I die cut the largest banner and then embossed using the banner texture embossing folder.


Because it matches the die it has anice framing effect. Then I added some solour by using distress inks.


 I then die cut the flourish, I was only interested on the centre of the die, because it matches perfectly the inside of the embossed banner. This is great because I usually get unwanted distress in the centre and this way I can perfectly cover it up.


I attached the banner to the front of a folded acetate card - just a piece of acetate folded in half and then trim to the desired size. I die cut another white banner and attached it to tje inside of the folded acetate card. Finally I added the sentiment and a flower I made using the Intricate Flowers framelit set.


I hope you like it!

2 comments: