Wednesday 10 April 2013

VIVA ANTIQUA!


Sometimes a die comes along and you know that you will end up using it forever and what's more, never get tired of using it. This makes it's purchase a no-brainer as our American cousins put it. 

Sometimes you fall in love with a whole collection as was the case the first time I saw the brand new Brenda Walton Collection of dies and embossing folders.

 It's so eclectic and varied that upon first glance you would wonder how it was created by the same designer but that's what I love about it. When you start to use the collection you soon discover that everything fits together Perfectly.

It's hard to choose a favourite but the alphabet and number sets are fabulous, the individual letters/numbers are about 52mm tall (just over 2 inches) and they are all quite narrow too


I am a bit of a font geek and I have my favourites which I use according to the type of project I am creating. The great thing about ANTIQUA is that it is so versatile, I can't think of a situation where it wouldn't work which makes it a great investment for any die cutting fanatic. 

I thought I'd make a few quick toppers to illustrate the point. All I used was Core'dinations Card, a bit of silver card, staples, a corner punch and a few adhesive gems, not forgetting my ubiquitous Circle Framelits set. The dies I used are:

  • Sizzix Sizzlits Alphabet Set (12 Dies) - Antiqua Capital Letters (658337)
  • Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Antiqua Numbers (658338)
  • Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Ampersands & Banner (658332)

If you want to see the whole Brenda Walton Collection Follow this link



No comments:

Post a Comment