Monday 15 April 2013

Getting ready for St. George



Next week, on April 23, we celebrate Sant Jordi (St. George) in Catalonia. It's a great celebration, which celebrates love and reading and the streets are filled with roses and books. It's actually my favorite holiday and I love taking a stroll around the streets of Barcelona and browse through the book stalls.

For this day I always make a few special bookmarks that have a rose on them to give to my friends as a gift and celebrate this so special day for me.

Supply list:



As I make quite a few of them, I like to do a simple design that can be mass produced and having my Big Shot by hand makes the work very easy!

First I embossed the white cardstock and inked it to give a great depth, then I die cut the rose with red and green cardstock and glued it on the white embossed cardstock. Finally I created a double frame with red and more black cardstock and my bookmark was done! Quick and easy :)

As you can see I like to give them a form of a vertical card to my bookmarks, as they stay better in books and also double as cards to write a message.




Happy Monday!
............................................
La semana que viene, el 23 de abril, celebramos Sant Jordi en Catalunya. Es una gran fiesta, donde se conmemora el amor y la lectura y las calles se llenan de rosas y libros. En realidad es mi fiesta favorita y me encanta salir a pasear por las calles de Barcelona y curiosear por las paradas de libros.

Para ese día siempre hago unos cuantos puntos de lectura especiales que tengan una rosa para regalar y conmemorar este día tan especial para mí.

Materiales:
Como hago bastantes, me gusta hacer un diseño sencillo y que se pueda hacer en serie. ¡Tener mi Big Shot a mano facilita enormemente el trabajo! 

Primero he engofrado la cartulina blanca y entintado el relieve para dar una gran profundidad, después he troquelado la rosa con cartulina roja y verde y la he pegado sobre la cartulina blanca. Finalmente he creado un doble marco con cartulina roja y negra y ya está terminado. Rápido y sencillo :)

Como véis me gusta darles una forma de tarjeta vertical a mis puntos de libro, ya que así es más difícil que se caigan del libro y además hacen una doble función y sirven también de tarjeta.

¡Feliz lunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment