Wednesday 13 March 2013

All white on the Night!



I have just finished creating a series of cards for a magazine which used lots of different dies, papers, and techniques and my brain is a bit frazzled so I thought I'd strip it back to basics and just use white card for my blog this week.

I made some cards featuring free down loadable papers which are on our website as we speak, check out this link

I liked one of the cards in particular so I thought I would reproduce it in white which always yields elegant results, ideal for wedding cards.

I used the following Sizzix products:

  • Sizzix Framelits Dies - Bunch of Flowers by Paula Pascual (658602)
  • Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing folder - Doily & Roses Set by Scrappy Cat (658517)


I started by embossing the rectangle of white card and attaching it to the base card about 10mm from the top left hand corner. Next I cut all of the elements to create the bouquet from the same white cardstock.



Next, I tied a length of satin ribbon around the base of the flower stems and decorated it with two pearl tipped pins. To add dimension to the flowers I used a ball end stylus and foam shaping mat to add a gentle curl to the petals. I mounted the assembled flowers onto the card using 3D foam pads. When you are working in a single colour like white, texture and dimension become very important because light and shadow create the contrast.



Finally, decorate the flowers with pearl gems and there you have it. Really simple and elegant. Here it is next to the original, hope you like it?


No comments:

Post a Comment