Wednesday 9 January 2013

Gift tag in vintage style






Happy Wednesday everyone,

When browsing through paper crafting blogs I have come across many gorgeous and outstanding gift tags with rich embellishing and carefully selected elements. For a 12” x 12” scrapbooker like me working on a small 8 cm x 15 cm gift tag feels sometimes a bit tricky. And I have to admit that I have not made too many gift tags even though that I’m a big fan of those talented gift tag makers. 

However, as my favourite quote by Tom Krause says: “If you only do what you know you can do - you never do very much.” I thought it was time to challenge myself a bit and make a gift tag in vintage style. This is what I came up with:



Items used:
How to make:
I started with cutting a tag shape from white cardstock. My measurements were 8 cm x 14 cm but sure the tag could be smaller or larger. I trimmed the upper edges, and embossed the upper part using Beatnik Bouquet embossing folder. I wanted to highlight the beautiful pattern so I wiped the embossed image gently with brown and olive green stamping ink.

Then I covered the bottom part with patterned paper (inked the edges before attaching to the tag) and wrapped a piece of brown velvet ribbon and a piece of cotton lace around the tag. I used thin two-sided tape for holding them in place and secured the ends on the backside of the tag.
The text was stamped on a white die-cut label (second largest die in the set) I cut in half and inked with brown Distress. I mat it on another label (largest die in the set) and glued on the tag. Before finishing the front side I covered the backside with patterned paper and inked the edges. I punched two small circles of brown cardstock, glued them on the top of the tag (front and back), and punched a hole in the middle.

As embellishments I used paper flowers and small beads I glued on the tag with Glossy Accents.  Leafs underneath the flowers are hand-cut from folded paper.


I had a lot of fun making this tag and I'm sure it will not be my last one. I hope this will inspire you to make one yourself!

Have a nice week.
Love,







No comments:

Post a Comment