Friday 9 November 2012

Journaling with texture and color


Hi again Sizzix fans!
Today I continue my art--journal adventure  with Sizzix dies, Ranger products and a bit of wind in the hair. I've got a mini-tutorial for you - mixed-media journal spread with gesso, Crackle Paint, Distress Stain and Dabber Acrylic Paint... here it goes!

Here is my journal page :"Intoversion - Extraversion"








And how I got this effect? Here is evetyhing done for you - step by-step!

Products:
- 657837 - Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die - Word Play - Tim Holtz
- 658295 - Sizzix Framelits Die Set 4PK w/Stamps - Postage Stamps - Paula Pascual
- white cardstock and 1mm chipboard
- Distress Stain - Ranger - Tim Holtz
- Crackle Paint - Rock Candy - Ranger - Tim Holtz
- Dylussions spray - Ranger
- Gesso
- Archival Ink - Jet Black - Ranger

First step was preparing white cardstock for the background and choosing the right photo. In my page I wanted to make a simple "window" effect - and here I could use one of the dies from the Postage Stamps set.



Then I took a piece of kraft chipboard and cut out the alphabet from the Tim Holtz "Word Play" set. I kept the leftover chipboard for later use...and gathered the letters which are meant to be my texture on the page. 


Using the rectangle die I made a window in one of the cardstock pieces I had. I stamped around it with Ranger Archival Ink and one of the stamps from the Postage Stamps set. 



Next I took the chipboard letters and glued them making my texture and composition. When it was done I covered them with a coat of gesso and dried with a heating tool.



I took a jar of Rock Candy Crackle Paint from Tim Holtz and applied it on the letters and around my stamped "window". I let it dry to make sure the crackles will appear. 


When the page was dry and crackled I applied Distress Stain in 3 colors - mostly on the crackle alphabet. 



Next I added some black color from Dylussion Spray and metallic gold acrylic paint which i rubbed with my fingers in the desired places to reveal more of the crackle texture.



When the pages were dry I added little bundles of thread and glued the pages together. I added some handwritten and printed journaling - the project was ready!




I hope you liked my ideas - happy creating and see you again next week!
xoxo
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment