Wednesday 10 October 2012

Step card with a vintage feeling



Happy Wednesday everyone,

Last weekend I had the most amazing time: I had the pleasure to attend Scraptastic 2012 event in Gent, Belgium! What a busy weekend it was as I ended up taking seven workshops during Friday-Sunday. But enjoyed every minute of it!

I was also very happy to meet our super talented Anna Dabrowska. I attended one of her workshops and got truly inspired by the grungy mix-media style she was teaching. I will tell you more about the event later this week in my blog.

Inspired by Anna’s fabulous vintage style I created a simple step card using the beautiful embossing folder, Bird & Birdcage’. Here’s a list of materials I used:



I started by cutting and scoring the card base (look at the template below for instructions).
Then I embossed the bird and birdcage images with my BigShot and continued with inking the embossined images with brown Distress ink. I cut the images out around the edges and inked the edges with black Distress.
 

 
 
Then I made a base card for the birdcage: I took a page from an old book and crumpled it into a small ball. When inking the straightened book page with brown ink the folds got a darker shade and gave a nice effect on the page. I then cut a rectangle of craft cardstock and mat the inked book page on the card. The birdcage was attached on the card using 3D foam stickers.
 
 
 
 
Other three panels I covered with patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment on the manila tag and attached on the front panel with two-sided tape. I glued the bird on the second fold on the right and finished the card with a die-cut craft cardstock strip I adhered on the card front. So easy and fun to make!
 
 


 
 
I hope you will have a nice week.
 
Love,
 


3 comments:

  1. Just love what you have done here. thank you so much.
    Hugs Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the layout, I finally understand how to do the folding. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete