Wednesday 3 October 2012

Home Decor: You can achieve it!



Happy Wednesday everyone,
 
Have you ever tried using scrapbooking techniques for a home decor item? Have a look at what I created last weekend – I hope it will inspire you to try it yourself!


For this project I used very inexpensive materials like small leftover pieces of cardstock and pages of an old book. Without careful planning I just started layering items on a piece of white cardstock. And I have to say that I really like the outcome!






Here’s a list of materials I used:



For this project I did not want to use a standard black and white photo. Instead, I printed the picture on transparency foil and placed it on an old book page. 
Tip: When attaching transparency to paper remember to use adhesive on such spots that are later hidden under embellishments or other elements.

I used book pages also for butterflies: My book pages were quite thin so I attached a piece of craft cardstock underneath before die-cutting the images. Before adhering I inked the edges of all paper embellishments (butterflies, tag, decorative strip).





As you know there are no written rules for scrapbooking. The metal embellishment is actually a piece of a bracelet I got from my friend and I think it fitted nicely in this photo frame. Not all the elements you use on your projects need to be expensive ‘official scrapbooking supplies’ from a paper crafting store. Just look around and use your imagination! :)





Have an inspiring week!


No comments:

Post a Comment