Wednesday 17 October 2012

Girly felt flowers



Happy Wednesday everyone,
 
Last weekend, when cleaning the bathroom drawers I came across an old headband my daughter had not used in a long time.  If I remember correctly she got it with a children’s magazine and wore it a while until the tiny roses started dropping off.  Instead of throwing it away I decided to pimp it up using small leftover pieces of felt, some satin ribbon and my BigShot. I completed the girly set with two hair clips I decorated with die-cut felt flowers. And my daughter just loves them all!






 
Here’s a list of materials I used:

First, I removed the satin flowers from the old headband, unwrapped the pink ribbon and replaced it with new green satin. 





I used two-sided tape for holding the new ribbon in place while wrapping which proved out to work just fine. Using a small piece of yellow felt I die-cut a 3D spiral flower. Starting from the outer edge I rolled the flower, turned it around and glued the bottom with Tacky Glue. Leafs were die-cut from green felt (mid-sized ‘Tattered Florals’ flower) and glued to the flower with Tacky Glue. I finished the flower by sewing a button in the flower center and attaching it to the headband with a few stitches.


Decorating the hair clips was just as quick and simple: First I die-cut two red flowers and two white wheels with ‘Wheelbarrow & Flowers’ die. Then I stitched two yellow buttons on the flowers and attached the flower to the wheel with a few stitches. For attaching the flowers to the clips I used Tacky Glue and my girly hair decoration set was finished!






I wish you a nice and inspiring week. 


Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment