Thursday 25 October 2012

Autumn Leaves


Driving to work and back is not the most fun aspect of my job at the best of times as I'm sure many of you will heartily agree, although when the sun* is low in the sky it really shows of the riot of colour that is Autumn.

With that in mind I want to share a wreath I made recently using the Bigz Tattered Leaves Die(656927) and Bigz Tattered Pinecone (657492)

I started with a base made from mountboard using two plates to draw the circles. I next die cut the leaves out of plain card and used inks to bring out the detail. Once the leaves were all attached with a glue gun I made my tattered pine cones, this is a great die which can also be used to make beautiful flowers too. I also added bows made from plaid ribbon. When it was all complete I went to work with my trusty Perfect Pearls Mists Spray (Sunflower Sparkle) to add the finishing touch.

*(for those of you reading this in the UK the sun is that hot, yellow, shiny thing that we sometimes see in the sky around June/July!)

No comments:

Post a Comment