Wednesday 4 July 2012

Out and About


Last week was one busy week for Pete and I. I had a demo at Crafting.co.uk (Derbyshire) and Pete was demonstrating all weekend at The Craft Barn (Lingfield, Surrey). 

As the Craft Barn is only 25 minutes away from my house, on Saturday I went to see the demos. Over twenty five demonstrators distributed over three halls were there sharing their top tips and techniques. I have been demonstrating at this event for a while now, so to attend as a customer was refreshing and very exciting.


When I got there at around eleven am, there were already plenty of people and one of the busiest tables was this one.


Yes, Mr Pete Hughes was a hit with the ladies attending!


His samples were simply fab. (I hope he doesn't read this, otherwise it will go to his head!
One of the great things about the Craft Barn event is the variety of styles, techniques and "things" you can see. 


I love the fact that you see so much home decor, exciting products like one of my favourite medium Pebeos Prisme paints, out there ideas as well as great personalities.


Like Leandra (from Paperartsy, above), Lin Brown (one of my all time craft heroes), Julie Hickey (super talented and fab person), Andy Skinner (what the man can do with acrylic paints and embossing folders is unbelievable), Lindsay Mason (another incredible talent)... you get the picture.


A part from Pete, there were two other demonstrators showcasing Sizzix products, Carole Cann and Jo Firth-Young. Both are super talented crafters so it was really exciting to see their ideas and techniques.


And I will leave you with the display that pete had on the wall. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment