Tuesday 24 July 2012

....MORE 3D flowers!


I'm going a bit flower crazy at the moment, it just seems to be the summer thing to do I suppose. I was asked this week to create a few projects using the ever popular Tattered Florals die (656640) by Tim Holtz. I made a gift box and a few cards when the picture frame idea popped into my head, I had seen something similar made from metal so I thought 'Why not?'
I started by die cutting two flowers from My Mind's Eye paper with a music score pattern from the Lost & Found 2 collection. I inked around the edges to add a little depth and I took each flower and used a pair of scissors to cut between the petals to the centre of the flower. Next I overlapped two of the petals to make the flower more three dimensional before securing using a glue gun. In the third picture I have taken the other flower and I grip it with the tweezers to the left of the cut before rolling into a cone shape.
When I have my cone, I can relax my grip and let it open out a little before securing the edge with a glue gun. Once the glue is set I used the tweezers to start bending the edges of the petals to form a more natural looking flower.

Once the petals are formed with the tweezers I turn the flower over and where it forms a point I snip away the base using my scissors which makes it easier to attach it to the centre of the base flower which we made earlier. Now all I have to do is repeat the process a couple of dozen times!

When you have all your flowers, cover a plain wooden frame using the same music paper and seal/varnish using Decoart Gloss Glaze or a similar product of your choosing. Next, attach the flowers using the hot glue gun and spray a couple of layers of the glaze. While the second coat of glaze is still wet, sprinkle over mica and/or glitter before applying a final coat of the glaze.



No comments:

Post a Comment