Wednesday 2 May 2012

Hot Air Balloon Card


Hi you all! It's finally getting warmer in Finland. Warm enough so I could take my Big Shot outside and do some crafts in the garden and enjoy the sun! :-)

As you can see my cutting plates are quite worn out, but it's all right, you don't have to change them very often.

I made this graduation card for my neighbors daughter. I think this Hot Air Balloon is a good topic for graduations cards - you get the spirit of freedom from the balloon.

I used Framelits Die Set - Circles (657551) to cut five red circles. If you want each of the circles can be different color or pattern. Fold all the circles in half and glue them together to create the 3-D hot air balloon.

The basket is made with Framelits Die Set - Pennant Plain (657570). Just trim the tip of the triangle away and ink the edges. I made the ropes from nice cord, but you can also draw them.

Remember the best thing about Framelits is that you see what you cut and with a help of a post-it note you can lock your Framelits Die so it is really easy to cut exactly from the right spot. And with these basic shapes you can create almost everything. :-)
You can make some really nice variations of this card if you use different kind of Framelits Dies to make the balloon. For example Hearts, FlowersScalloped Circles or Scalloped Hearts look really nice in the balloon. Embellish your balloon with flowers, buttons, bows, rhinestones etc.

Have fun and go outside with your Big Shot!



No comments:

Post a Comment