Friday 18 May 2012

Fabric ATCs with Framelits

Hi again!
Do you like experiments? I do!
I know Framelits are intended to be used mostly with paper and light cardstock... but I wanted to check what will happen if I use something... well... almost like cardsotck: sticky back canvas, one of my favorite products from Ranger.
Sticky back canvas is in fact a piece of delicate, self-adhesive canvas,with paper on the back - I suspected that Framelits may work with that kind of material as it is quite solid and not to thick too. Here is the effect I got - set of mixedmedia, canvas ATC cards. 

I started creating my cards with 2 pieces of ATC bases, piece of sticky back canvas and dies from two sets of Framelits: Sizzix Framelits - Frame, Fancy Oval (657902) and Sizzix Framelits- Labels, Fancy #3 (657907)I cut out small elements i wanted to use on my ATCs. I used scissors to finish the cutting, if needed. 






I stick a piece of Prima canvas sheet on the top of my aTC bases and covered them with a random layer of gesso, to make the colors lighter. 





Using some of the cut outs, lace and pieces of canvas I created layers on my ATCs. I sprayed them with shades of green and yellow and dried with a heating tool. Next, I stamped on the top of them with black Archival Ink (Ranger). 






My next step was adding the decorative elements on the top of the ATC cards - I used the self adhesive back of the canvas. I sprayed the cards once again and let the composition dry. 



Finally I added some acrylic drops, pins and metal, painted the cards a bit with gesso and covered the hearts with Glossy Accents (Ranger).  The ATCs were ready!


I hope you liked the idea and you will try using Framelits to decorate your small creations - this is so easy and inspiring!

I wish you all a wonderful creative week!
xoxo
Finn



No comments:

Post a Comment