Friday 6 April 2012

Life is good... with Decorative Strips;)

 By Anna Dąbrowska


Hi again! Yes, life is good, especially when you have time and possibilities to play with your supplies and find new, inspirational ways of using them. As I mentioned not long ago I love masking and I keep looking for new inspirations...this time it came with Tim Holtz Sizzlitz Decorative Strip - Stenciled (657828).
When I cut out the alphabet my attention was brought to the piece of paper left after cutting... and that is how the story beginned!




To give my die company, I took a mini-rosette die: Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Mini Paper Rosettes (657177), also by Tim Holtz. 





I glued and inked the rosettes, gathered the cut out alphabet, take the paper strip, that I wanted to use as a stencil - and I was ready to go!




Using my set of Pan Pastels and a soft sponge I stenciled the alphabet on the plain white cardstock. The effect was better than I expected - all the letters were just perfect! 




I used this patterned apaper as a background for my funky, energetic layout. I added only few strips of paper, some tape, paint splashes... and the cut out letters that I saved for this moment.
After gluing them in the composition they corespond wonderfully with the background paper!




And here is the final result - finished layout with stenciled and cut out alphabet... and paper rosettes as a final touch!






I hope you got the Spring atmosphere i wanted to share in this project!
I wish you all a wonderful Easter and a lot of time to spend with people you love - we'll see each other soon!

xoxo
Finn


No comments:

Post a Comment