Friday 16 March 2012

Air Mail Tag: embossing folders!

 By Anna Dąbrowska


Hi there!
Today I want to share with you the project, which I made lately. I was playing with Embossing Folders and Distress Stains and Inks  - and I really like the final result: distressed, a bit vintage, textural tag. I think it is just perfect technique for more masculine projects - or maybe for those of you who are not fans of sweet and shabby look? Here is the final result of my experiments:)





As you can see there are a lot of details and the tag looks quite "busy" - it is all because of the layers of embossed papers I used. My choice were 2 sets of Embossing Folders: Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Clocks & Print Blocks Set and Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 4PK - Mail Set
I took these folders to play:


First I've chosen the papers and embossed several pieces of patterned paper. I used light, vintage colors to make sure the embossing will be clearly visible.



The next step was playing with color. I love using Distress Stains in many ways - for painting, coloring, dripping, splashing... this time I dripped several  drops of Distress Stains on my crafting mat and just smeared it with my embossed paper. 


Colors blended beautifully, coloring random areas of my embossed paper. Embossed elements absorbed more ink, so they became more visible.



My next step was drying the paper with heating tool and inking selected areas and edges of the paper with Distress Ink I used Ink blending tool for that - it is the most comfortable way ever!



After that  I had a nice set of papers ready to use on my project - to build layers, cut elements and details. I really love this distressed look  - it makes the project look really unique and interesting!




I hope you'll have a great creative weekend - have fun with embossing and die cutting:)
See you soon!
xo
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment