Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's day

 By Loredana Bucaria



Hello everyone,
how are you?
Today is a lovely day, the Day of Love , Cupid and lovers and I am so happy to celebrate it with a sweet project to purpose you :)

If you don't have made anything yet for your love you are still in time to try this easy and quick idea to make a gift :)

I have created a card and a candy cone box for my dear hubby :)

Let's start to show you what I have made :) I had a lot of fun , hihihihihhi^__^

Materials you need:

For the card

  • white card stock
  • a patterned paper ( I used finally fall Apple holler from bella boulevard)
  • a piece of kraft paper
  • embellishiments ( I used sticker label and phrase stickers from the lovey dovey collection of bella boulevard, chipboards and tag from bella boulevard
  • twine maraschino
  • a heart
  • glue or double side tape
  • Big shot pro machine
  • Big shot machine
  • card ornate#3 die
  • Bingo playing games set A2 from Tim Holtz Alterations
For the box
  • brown card stock
  • white card stock for the scallop border
  • kraft card stock for the scallop border
  • double side tape
  • 3d double side tape
  • two  patterned papers of your choise ( I used finally fall Apple Holler  and sophisticates sprinkles and lace peep from Bella boulevard)
  • a ribbon (from may art)
  • hot glue gun
  • embellishments of your choise ( I used chipboards and stickers from lovey dovey and ciao chip from bella boulevard)
  • BIG SHOT PRO
  • Cone die 

First of all I would like to say that the images on each die are very explicative to understand how to use the die so take a look at them and you will not have problems to create any box or package you want. ;)

I started creating the box first to have an idea on how to make the card in a coordinating color combo.
I chose the color combination of white - brown - pink - red! Really nice! Don't you think?

Use your Big shot pro... this machine is fabulous!!!... and in a second your cone will be done! Great! Make it for two times, the first one with a card stock and the second with a patterned paper and stick them one to another. You can stick them building the first cone and after rolling it into the second paper or you can first glue the cones and after close the only cone you have just built.


Now it's the time of the cone border, to make it use the shape in the cone die. Make it two times, one for the kraft card stock and the second for the white one. Stick the white pieces on the kraft pieces and after on the back put some pieces of 3d double side tape to make a dimensional border for your cone:)



Glue them on the four sides of the cone :)
Now have fun to decorate it with all the embellishments you like :)
At the end I have stick a piece of ribbon to hang the cone:) Glue it at two sides of the cone using the hot glue gun and cover the ends with a half circle of paper :) very cool!


And now it's time to show you the card :) So simple and nice :)
Simply use the card, ornate die on a sheet of white card stock and make the same thing on a piece of a patterned paper. In the center I inserted the bingo card made with the tim holts alterations dies :) perfect for the meaning of this card! I have made a bingo with you my love:) This would be the message I thought while I was creating;)


And now some more photos :)



Have a lovely and sweet Valentines Day!
Love Lory

No comments:

Post a Comment