Friday 24 February 2012

Framelits in the journal - why not?

 By Anna Dąbrowska


What I really love about Framelits is that I can use them in almost all kinds of my usual creations: scrapbook pages, tags, mixed-media projects...and my art-journal too. The elegant, detailed frames look just amazing in the mixed-media surrounding of gesso, Distress Stains and a little bit of messy stitching... But first, time to play!
Why not adding some embossing an d a little bit of colour on this beautiful winged frame? 



For this project I used Framelits  - Frame - Shield with Crown&Wings (657559):

Using Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger) and some clear Embossing powder (Heat it Up!) I've made a nice dot pattern on the cut out element.

Next I heated and melted the embossing powder with my heating tool....

... and colored the paper frame with 3 shades of Distress Stain (Ranger): Scattered Straw, Broken China and Bundled Sage. 

Here is the final effect, ready to be distressed a bit with a dark ink on the edges. The clear embossed pattern keeps the parts of the paper uncolored while the rest of the frame is now in the shades of the Distress Stain I'd used for painting. Cool and fun effect!


Now the element is ready to be placed in the composition... I decided to make ajournal page in my old, grungy art-journal. I love experimenting and expressing my feelings on the pages of this handmade book. Here is the "general project"...


And here is the final result with handwritten journaling, painted with Distress Stains, stamped with Archival Jet Black Ink, Distressed on the edges and stitched.



As a finishing touch I added some yellow Twine and few yellow acrylic drops. The same dot pattern I used for embossing I stamped on the background too - to make nice looking "negative" effect.
Here you can see more details of the project:



I wish you all a wonderful, creative week! I hope I inspired you a bit to experiment with your dies and cut-outs... the sky is the limit!
xoxo
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment