Friday 17 February 2012

Crazy dimensions with Framelits:)

 By Anna Dąbrowska
Hi there!
This is my first blogpost here on Sizzix blog and I'm more than excited to share my projects and ideas:) I hope we'll have a great creative time together!
I simply love detailed, non-conventional projects and Sizzix dies give so many possibilities of  creating something really unique in easy and convinient way. Most of the times I don't add to my projects a lot of pre-made elements - I enjoy making them by myself - and Sizzix products are perfect for that.Here is a project I made for this blogpost - I went a bit crazy with dimensions and I loved that look very much!




To make this project I took pieces of scrapbooking paper - 2 smaller and one big, perfect to be the background for the scrapbook page. I also took the old family photo and Framelits die - Frame: Square with ornate edges (657560).

Using one of the smaller dies from the set I cut the photo...

... and using all shapes from this set I got a frame and few small pieces of paper - perfect for building the dimension on the page. 

My next step was building up the composition - for my cinvinience, to knowa what I am going for. The final result may be a little different, but I think this planning step is helpful...

Next I stamped the background with vintage stamp set (7 Gypsies) and sepia Archival Ink (Ranger)  and put a layer of gesso. When it was dry i couls add some more color splashes (Ranger Distress Stain and Tattered angels Glimmer Mist). I inked all the edges of the paper cut-outs with Distress Ink (Ranger).

Using a 3D foam I started to build dimensional composition from pieces and strips of paper. 

I continued adding the 3D foam with every layer, adding some tulle between the layers too. The last layer was the photo. 

I prepared embellishments - lace, metal clips and other elements, pebbles, drops. I used Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Mini Paper Rosettes (657177) to cut out and form a nice looking mini-rosette too.

Finally, using clear glue and some more 3D foam I finshed the layout composition. It is a multi - dimensional, eclectic page, inspired by vintage and grunge style.


Here are some more details of the finished project:



I hope you like my idea  - in my opinion the Framelits are just perfect for this technique . They cut out wonderful sets of elements, going together  no matter what project you make: layout, album, journal page or card.

 See you soon again!
Anna Dąbrowska - Finnabair

No comments:

Post a Comment